- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Psychology Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Library - Home
- Tutoring - Home
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Government
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
FAQ - Spring Graduates
When is the Spring commencement ceremony?
The Spring Commencement Ceremony for May 2017 and Summer 2017 graduates is Friday, May 19, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the McVean Student Center Gymnasium. A Fall Commencement Ceremony for December 2016 graduates was held on December 16, 2016. A Fall Commencement Ceremony for December 2017 graduates will be held on December 15, 2017.
Do I need to pay for my cap and gown?
No, the cost was included in your student life fee. There is no charge at time of pick-up.
Where and when do I get my cap and gown?
Caps, gowns and tassels will be available in the JCC Bookstore beginning Monday, April 24, 2017 through Monday, May 8, 2017.
Do I need to pre-order my cap and gown? What is included in my cap and gown order? No, you do not need to pre-order your cap and gown. They will be available for pick-up in the Bookstore beginning Monday, April 24, 2017 through Monday, May 8, 2017. The cost of your cap and gown is included in your student life fee. Your order includes the cap, gown, hood, and tassel specific to your program of study. It will also include any special honors you received from the college, such as Phi Theta Kappa and Honors Program stoles, as well as military cords.
What should I do if I missed the May 8 deadline to pick up my cap and gown? Contact the JCC Bookstore at 315-786-2260 for more information.
Do I need to return my cap and gown?
No, the cap and gown is yours to keep.
Is there a Commencement rehearsal?
Rehearsal for all participants is on May 19, 2017 and begins at 12:30 p.m. in the McVean Student Center Gymnasium. Please be prompt. The Marshals will give all instructions for Commencement Ceremony.
Will there be any special events for graduating seniors?
Senior Send-Off, a free luncheon for graduates, begins at 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Friday, May 19, in the Courtyard Cafeteria. There will great food, a DJ and prizes!
There will also be a reception held in the Jules Center Commons for graduates and guests immediately following Commencement.
How many tickets do I receive for Commencement and when can I pick them up?
Each graduate can receive up to four (4) guest tickets to the ceremony in the McVean Gymnasium when they pick up their cap and gown in the JCC Bookstore between Monday, April 24th and Monday, May 9th. Tickets are only available to those participating in the ceremony. Tickets are not required for admission to the Sturtz Theater where the ceremony will be simulcast.
Can my guest attend Commencement if they do not have a ticket?
A ticket is required (for children and infants also) to enter the Commencement Ceremony in the McVean Gymnasium, however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater.
Will the Commencement Ceremony be streamed online?
Yes. The ceremony will also be video-streamed via a link on the College’s website www.sunyjefferson.edu beginning at 6:45 p.m.
Do children need a ticket?
Yes. All children, including infants, in attendance must have a ticket for entrance to the gymnasium, and be accompanied by an adult. Please be aware that strollers are not permitted in the McVean Gymnasium.
Will childcare be provided?
Jefferson Campus Care will provide free childcare for children of graduates and guests during the Commencement Ceremony. Children must be between the ages of 18 months and 12 years old. Registration is required. Contact Jefferson Campus Care at 315-786-2357 by 12:00 p.m. on May 17 to register.
Can I reserve seating for my guests who need special accommodations?
Yes, stop in the Bookstore to complete an accommodative needs seating request form.
Where do graduates need to meet on the day of Commencement?
All participants are to report to the Jules Center and should be robed and lined up, as instructed at rehearsal, by 6:30 p.m. Students may robe in Room 6-118 of the Jules Center. Assistance will be available.
How should I dress? There are no formal dress requirements, but this is your special day! As you plan your attire, keep comfort in mind. You will be standing a good amount of time and the gymnasium can become quite warm.
Where do I park?
There will be signs posted in the JCC parking lots directing guests and grads to available parking in Lot C and D.
Will there be professional photographs taken of the ceremony?
Yes, a professional photographer will be at Commencement to photograph all graduates as they walk across the stage and receive their credentials. Proofs of the photos will be available online 2-3 days after the ceremony at www.geneseephoto.com as well as mailed to graduates. You may place an order, if you so choose, at that time. For further information after the ceremony please contact: Genesee Photo Systems, 1015 West 4th Street, Stillwater, OK 74074, 1-800-345-7427.
Photo Room: The College has added an official photo room to commencement festivities for all families and friends that want to take personal pictures after the ceremony. Located in the Walker Instructional Dining Room, directly across from the Bookstore, we will welcome graduates, friends and families to have their picture taken and we will have staff on hand to help by taking the pictures for you.
When do I get my diploma?
Diplomas are mailed in mid-June to the home address you indicated on your application for graduation.