- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Psychology Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Library - Home
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Government
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
FAQ - Spring Guests
When is the commencement ceremony?
The Spring Commencement Ceremony for May 2017 and Summer 2017 graduates is on Friday, May 19, 2017 in the McVean Student Center Gymnasium. The ceremony starts at 7:00 p.m. A ticket is required to enter the Commencement Ceremony in the McVean Gymnasium, however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater. The ceremony will also be video-streamed via a link on the College’s website www.sunyjefferson.edu beginning at 6:45 p.m.
How many tickets does each graduate receive for Commencement?
Each graduate may receive up to four (4) guest tickets when they pick up their cap and gown from the Bookstore between Monday, April 24th and Monday, May 8th.
Can I attend Commencement if I do not have a ticket?
A ticket is required (for children and infants also) to enter the Commencement Ceremony in the McVean Gymnasium; however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater.
Do children need a ticket?
Yes. All children, including infants, in attendance must have a ticket and be accompanied by an adult. Please be aware that strollers are not permitted in the McVean Gymnasium.
Will childcare be provided?
Jefferson Campus Care will provide free childcare for children of graduates and guests during the Commencement Ceremony. Children must be between the ages of 18 months and 12 years. Registration is required. Contact Jefferson Campus Care at 315-786-2357 by 12:00 p.m. on May 17 to register.
Where do I park?
There will be signs posted in the JCC parking lots directing guests to available parking in Lot C and D.
Will there be any special events for the graduates?
Yes, all guests and graduates are invited to a graduation reception in the Jules Center Commons immediately following the Commencement Ceremony.
You may also honor your graduate and his or her achievements by leaving a unique gift of an engraved paver on campus! Engraved pavers are placed at the center of Jefferson's campus, in the area surrounding the Haas Clocktower, where they will be enjoyed for years to come by our students and their families, faculty and community members. Your gift will also help the JCC Foundation continue its mission of supporting student scholarships and campus initiatives. Reserve your paver online. For more information, contact the JCC Foundation at 315-786-2458.
Will flowers be available for sale at the ceremony?
Flowers will be available for purchase at the Commencement Ceremony or can be pre-ordered by clicking the following link: https://www.thecommencementgroup.com/jefferson/. Flowers should be presented after the ceremony is concluded; participants should not carry flowers in the processional.