Tracking Pixel

Jefferson Community College Website

Information for Returning Students

If you attended Jefferson within the last 5 years and are in good academic standing, you do not need to reapply. Just call the Advising Center (315-786-2271) to schedule an appointment to register. If you plan to change your program of study, no problem, the advisors can assist with that during your advising meeting. Unsure of your status? Call the admissions office (315-786-2277) and we will be happy to check your student record.

If you are a former student who has been away from Jefferson Community College for over five years, we no longer have your high school or college transcripts. You must apply for admission and have your transcripts sent. Applying will allow us to update your personal information.

Admission for a Second Associate Degree

If you have completed an associate degree at Jefferson and are seeking a second degree from JCC, you must re-apply.

Academically Dismissed Students

If you were academically dismissed from Jefferson Community College you will need to re-apply and provide a statement to the Director of Admissions as to why you feel that you are prepared for success at this time.

Academic Fresh Start (students previously academically dismissed)

Jefferson Community College recognizes that some students may begin college, attend a semester or two, and receive poor grades. Often students stop attending and return many years later only to have grades from their academic history negatively impact their current academic status. For students who apply for and are granted an Academic Fresh Start courses with a grade index of less than 2.0 will no longer be calculated in the cumulative GPA and the credit will no longer count toward graduation requirements.


As always, feel free to contact the admissions office and talk to an admissions counselor for questions or need clarification.