- Military / Veterans Menu
- Veteran Services
- Evaluation of Military Transcripts
- Military Credit Inventory
- DoD My Career Advancement Account
- Special Unit College Classes
Chapter 30 — Montgomery GI Bill®
Active Duty Educational Assistance For prior active duty veterans who served at least 181 active duty days, contributed to an educational fund, and were honorably discharged. (Based on active duty service beginning on or after 07/01/1985 or entered on active duty before 01/01/1977 and served on active duty for any number of days during the period 10/19/1984 to 06/30/1985 and continued on active duty through 06/30/1988.)
- The MGIB program provides up to 36 months of education benefits. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship /on-the-job training and correspondence courses.
- The monthly benefit paid to you is based on the type of training you take, length of your service, your category, and if DOD put extra money in your MGIB Fund (called “kickers”).
- You usually have 10 years to use your MGIB benefits
- For more information go to MGIB Benefits Chart