- Military / Veterans Menu
- Veteran Services
- Evaluation of Military Transcripts
- Military Credit Inventory
- DoD My Career Advancement Account
- Special Unit College Classes
Chapter 31 — Vocational Rehabilitation
Tuition, fees, books, supplies and a monthly subsistence allowance is available for veterans who are ten percent or more service connected disabled. Veterans may contact the VA Outpatient Clinic in McAllen to apply for the program.
- Vocational Rehabilitation is a program which helps eligible disabled veterans get and keep lasting, suitable jobs. It also helps seriously disabled veterans achieve independence in daily living.
- You may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation if you are rated 10% disabled, and you have a serious employment handicap.
- VA will pay your training costs, such as tuition and fees, books, supplies, equipment, and, if needed, special services. While you are in training, VA will also pay you a monthly benefit to help with living expenses, called a subsistence allowance.
- For more information go to Chapter 31 Benefits Chart