- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Standards for Academic Progress Policy
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Affirmative Consent Definition
- Alcohol and/or Drug Use Amnesty Policy
- Course Placement Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
- Sexual Violence Response Procedures
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Students' Bill of Rights
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
JCC Nursing Degree Information Session set for March 21
Jefferson Community College (JCC) will hold a nursing degree program information session for prospective students on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in Room 5-201, David G. Gregor Building. Attendees will learn about revised pre-requisite coursework, admission requirements, the College application process, financial aid, mentoring and tutoring services, and more.
Jefferson is the only community college in the North Country to offer a nursing degree program in two formats – a traditional weekday format (ideal for recent high school graduates) and a weekend format (ideal for working adult students). Nursing students at Jefferson are taught in new state-of-the-art nursing labs along with lecture facilities and gain increased nursing simulation lab time resulting in more practice time, producing operative results. JCC’s nursing program is ranked among the top programs in New York State!
Partnerships between Jefferson and Samaritan Medical Center along with Upstate Medical University provide top-notch internships for JCC students. Graduates of JCC’s nursing program receive an associate in applied science (A.A.S.) degree and are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for registered nurses. Transfer agreements with Keuka College, SUNY Delhi, and Upstate Medical University provide JCC nursing graduates with seamless transitions for those who wish to continue their education.
Additionally, an articulation agreement with the Jefferson-Lewis BOCES practical nursing program recognizes the achievements of LPN graduates and confirms eligibility for admission to the JCC nursing program.
Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, JCC’s nursing degree program could be completed in two years. The college accepts applications on an ongoing basis for the nursing program “traditional weekday option” that begins each fall (August) semester. October 30 is the application deadline for the “weekend option” that begins each spring (January) semester.
Pre-requisite coursework must be completed before being admitted to the JCC nursing degree program and courses may be taken at JCC. Space is limited and to ensure a spot in the JCC nursing program, applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Another nursing degree program information session will be held on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in Room 5-201, David G. Gregor Building.
Contact JCC’s admissions office at 315-786-2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the upcoming information sessions. The sessions are free and open to anyone with an interest in a nursing career!