Tracking Pixel

Jefferson Community College Website


Types of  Campus Employment 

Jefferson Community College’s student worker program includes Federal Work Study and Student Aid.  The difference between the two programs is the source of the funds:  Federal Work Study Program funds are provided by the federal government and Student Aid funds are provided by the college budget.  Guidelines differ between the two programs.

Eligibility Requirements for the Federal Work Study Program

1. U.S. citizen or in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a permanent resident.
2. Matriculated and currently enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
3. Display financial need as determined by the Financial Services Office.
4. Apply for Federal aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Eligibility Requirements for the Student Aid Program

1. U.S. citizen or possess proper INS paperwork.
2. Matriculated and currently enrolled.

The overall JCC student employment program’s primary goal is to provide financial assistance to students to pay their college expenses.  The secondary goal is to provide a meaningful job experience, and thirdly to assist in the operation of our campus.

Most positions average between 10-15 hours per week.  When you interview, ask the employer about anticipated work hours.  You will be paid every two weeks with a paycheck for the number of hours you worked.

Take Note!

Work Study is included in your financial aid package if you:

  • Indicate on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you are  interested in a work study position


  • Are financially eligible for the work study program.

If you did not indicate on the FAFSA that you were interested in a work study position, contact the Financial Services Office to see if you qualify.

The above does not guarantee you a position.  You must actively seek a work study position to obtain employment. 

It is important to contact Financial Services at 315-786-2355 for work study to be removed from your account if it was included on your financial aid award letter and you have decided not to seek employment under this program.  Work Study may reduce your loan eligibility if the Financial Services Office has not been informed.

Obtaining Campus Employment at Jefferson

  1. Apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  2. Check your SOAR account or with Financial Services to see if you qualify for the Federal Work Study program and/or the Student Aid program.
  3. The Career Counseling and Job Placement Services of the Advising, Career and Transfer Center (ACTC). Room 6-020, Jules Center, can help you connect with CANNONlink.  CANNONlink is our campus employment network that lists JCC’s Work Study and Student Aid positions (as well as local, regional and national employment opportunities).
  4. Register for CANNONlink online
  5. After registering, simply click on the campus jobs of interest; review the information and follow the employer’s instructions to apply.
  6. The employer will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
  7. If you are hired, the employer will let you know where to go to complete the necessary paperwork to be assigned to your position.
  8. If there are no positions currently being offered on CANNONlink, we encourage you to make direct contact with campus representatives.