Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Training
Enroll now in a pre-apprenticeship construction training program with Jefferson Community College partnered with Associated Builders & Contractors - Empire State Chapter. Program made possible by a NYS Department of Labor grant.
July 17th - October 9th, 2023
Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
No class on Sept. 4th (Labor Day)
This program will prepare you for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in the construction industry. This is a 12-week pre-apprenticeship construction training program will prepare participants to earn two industry-recognized credentials – the OSHA 10 construction card (workplace safety training) and the National Center for Construction Education and Research certification in Level 1 Carpentry. Individuals who successfully complete the construction training will have an opportunity to be placed in a paid skilled trade apprenticeship and/or move directly into employment in the construction sector.
- NCCER Trade – Module
- NCCER Trade CORE - Basic Safety
- CORE - Intro to Hand Tools
- CORE - Intro to Power Tools
- CORE - Intro to Const Drawings
- CORE - Intro to Basic Rigging
- CORE - Basic Communication Skills
- CORE - Basic Employability Skills
- CORE - Intro to Material Handling
- CORE - Intro to Const Math
- CARPENTRY 1 - Orientation to the trade
- CARPENTRY 1 - Bldg Materials, Fasteners & Adhesives
- CARPENTRY 1 - Hand and Power Tools
- CARPENTRY 1 - Intro to Construction Drawings
- Performance on Shed
- CARPENTRY 1 - Floor Systems
- CARPENTRY 1 - Wall Systems
- CARPENTRY 1 - Ceiling Joist & Roof Framing
- CARPENTRY 1 - Intro to Bldg Envelope Systems
- CARPENTRY 1 - Basic Stair Layout
Tuition Cost: $3,851.00
GRANT FUNDING MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.
Lewis County Education Center
7395 E Rd.
Lowville, NY 13367
Transportation may be available through Lewis County Public Transportation.
Eligible individuals must meet New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) Dislocated Worker definition. There are six categories of Dislocated Worker. Simplified, to qualify as a Dislocated Worker, you must be “underemployed” or “unemployed”. Underemployed means that you are working at a wage that is below your skill level or less than your previous job. Unemployed means you are not working currently. Complete the interest from below to verify eligibility and to register.
Step 1: Complete Interest Form
Deadline is July 10th, 2023.
Step 2: Attend Program Orientation to finalize admissions.
Thursday July 6, 2023
- 10:00am session, Watertown (Conference Room, The WorkPlace)
- 1000 Coffeen St, Watertown, NY 13601
- 2:00pm session, Lowville (JCC Education Center, room Classroom 4)
- 7395 E Rd. Lowville, NY 13367
Workforce Development & Business Division