Let’s stay safe this Fall Semester!
Our number one priority is the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and the greater college community.
How and When You Can Reach Us: Offices will be staffed during regular business hours on Monday-Thursday. Staff will work remotely on Fridays - exceptions are the Library and Courtyard Cafeteria which are both open to students on Fridays. Whether working remotely or on campus, College staff are available via phone and email during regular business hours. Contact information is available on our online directory.
Access to Campus/Safety Protocols: Visitors, students and staff must wear a face covering upon entering classrooms, offices, and all indoor common areas. Face coverings must be worn at all times when social distancing is not feasible. Guests must also complete a health screening form upon arrival at your campus destination. If you are not feeling well or have visited a state restricted in the NYS Travel Advisory within the last 14 days, we kindly ask that you refrain from coming to campus. Rather, we will happily connect with you online or over the telephone.
Protocols for In-Person Appointments: All campus offices are open for in-person meetings. We look forward to meeting you in a safe and healthy environment. For the foreseeable future, we encourage prospective students and visitors to make appointments in advance of your visit. While walk-in service is permitted, scheduled appointments will help to reduce population density and waiting in lines. When your appointment is confirmed, you will be advised as to the process for when you arrive on campus. Campus offices may have slightly differing protocols for in-person meetings. Wherever possible, spaces and furniture have been arranged to facilitate social distancing.
Virtual Appointments: Offices will continue to offer and encourage virtual appointments whenever feasible, either online or via telephone.
Face coverings are required when entering offices, classroom spaces and common areas and must always be worn when social distancing is not possible. Guests must complete a health screening form upon arrival to their destination on campus. Campus offices may have slightly differing protocols for in-person meetings. Wherever possible, spaces and furniture have been arranged to facilitate social distancing.
We have transitioned the majority of fall semester classes to remote learning formats. You can read more about our fall semester plans online. Capacity in the residence hall will not exceed 130 students, about 45% occupancy.
Please keep in mind that Jefferson’s plans are subject to change due to new information, guidance and/or direction from the department of health, the State and SUNY. It’s a good idea to check this website for the most up-to-date information before coming to campus. This page is your primary hub for updates, new procedures for accessing and visiting campus, and resources to help the campus community transition back to college life.
Campus information and updates
- Fall Late Session: Registration for fall late session classes is open. Late session (8-week) classes begin October 26, 2020. For detailed descriptions of the different class formats, please visit our academic-related FAQ.
- Library: The library is open Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m., on Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and on Sundays from 12 noon to 4:45 p.m. Patrons must show a SUNY Student ID. The library will continue to offer curbside pick up of books and other library materials. Please contact the library via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (315) 786-2225 during business hours.
- Computer Access: Computers available for sign-out and use on campus in the Library and on the first floor of the Deans Collaborative Learning Center. A SUNY STudent ID must be presented.
- Bookstore: The Bookstore is open Monday–Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Textbooks and academic materials can be ordered online.
- Dining Services: The Courtyard Cafeteria is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and on Saturday/Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Fitness Center: The Fitness Center is open Monday, September 21st - Friday, September 25th
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. All students, faculty, and staff MUST create an account with IMLeagues to reserve your time slot in the Fitness Center.
Smart Phone Users: https://smarturl.it/IML or online: http://www.imleagues.com
- The following campus facilities remain closed until further notice: Computer Lab (Jules Center). In addition, campus facilities are not currently available for use/rental by external organizations.
- Campus Care: To inquire about childcare for the Fall Semester, please call (315) 786-6583.
- Health & Wellness Center: The Health & Wellness Center on campus is operated by the North Country Family Health Center and is open its regular hours. Please call (315) 786-1042 for appointments.
Please continue to monitor your College email and www.sunyjefferson.edu for further updates.
Jefferson's reopening plan has been approved by SUNY and is available for your information. It is subject to change at any time. We will evaluate the College's reopening process weekly and make changes as necessary, as we continue to monitor guidance from the NYS Department of Health, the Jefferson County Control Room and Public Health Office, the Centers for Disease Control and SUNY. The coronavirus pandemic is an evolving issue, and the College will keep our constituents up-to-date as we put appropriate protocols in place to minimize potential risks to students, faculty and staff.
- SUNY COVID-Tracker
- SUNY Health Alert
- New York State Governor's Office
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- New York State Department of Health
- Jefferson County Department of Health
Samaritan Medical Center Resource Line: (315) 755-3100, 7 days per week, 8:00 a.m.
- 9:00 p.m.
New York State Coronavirus Health Hotline: 1-888-364-3065