Let’s stay safe!
Our number one priority is the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and the greater college community.
How and When You Can Reach Us: Offices will be staffed during regular business hours on Monday-Thursday. Staff will work remotely on Fridays - with the exception of the Library which is open to students on Fridays. Whether working remotely or on campus, College staff are available via phone and email during regular business hours. Contact information is available on our online directory.
Safety Protocols: Face coverings are required on campus in all common/public areas and when interacting with other individuals even with proper social distancing and when outside. Guests must also complete a health screening form upon arrival at your campus destination. If you have traveled out of state, please be sure you have followed NYS Travel Advisory guidelines before coming to campus. If you are not feeling well, we kindly ask that you refrain from coming to campus. Rather, we will happily connect with you online or over the telephone.
Protocol for In-Person Appointments: We look forward to meeting you in a safe and healthy environment. For the foreseeable future, we encourage prospective students and visitors to make appointments in advance of your visit. While walk-in service is permitted, scheduled appointments will help to reduce population density and waiting in lines. When your appointment is confirmed, you will be advised as to the process for when you arrive on campus.
Virtual Appointments: Offices will continue to offer and encourage virtual appointments whenever feasible, either online or via telephone.
We have transitioned the majority of spring semester classes to remote learning formats. Classes begin January 25th. ou can read more about our spring semester plans online. Capacity in the residence hall will not exceed 130 students, about 45% occupancy.
Please keep in mind that Jefferson’s plans are subject to change due to new information, guidance and/or direction from the department of health, the State and SUNY. It’s a good idea to check this website for the most up-to-date information before coming to campus. This page is your primary hub for updates, new procedures for accessing and visiting campus, and resources to help the campus community transition back to college life.
Campus information and updates
- Winter Session and Spring Semester: Registration for winter session and spring semester classes is open. Winter classes will all be held remotely and begin December 21, 2020 and January 4, 2021. Spring Semester begins January 25 for both 8-week and full semester classes. For detailed descriptions of the different class formats, please visit our academic-related FAQ.
- Library: The library is open to students and students of JHEC partner colleges on Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Students must show a SUNY Student ID. Questions about returning materials or curbside pick-up? Please contact the library via email email@example.com or by calling (315) 786-2225 during business hours.
- Computer Access: The Library has space for students to attend Zoom or Collaborate classes, WIFI, and students can use library laptops and desktops which are equipped with cameras and microphones. Computers are also available for sign-out and use on the first floor of the Deans Collaborative Learning Center. A SUNY STudent ID must be presented. Note: The open computer lab in the Jules Center is currently closed.
- Bookstore: The Bookstore is open Monday–Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Textbooks and academic materials can be ordered online.
- Dining Services: The Courtyard Cafeteria is currently closed and will reopen at the start of the Spring semester.
- Fitness Center: The Fitness Center is open Monday-Thursday from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 and on Fridays
from Noon to 4:00 p.m. All students, faculty, and staff must create an account with
IMLeagues to reserve your time slot in the Fitness Center.
Smart Phone Users: https://smarturl.it/IML or online: http://www.imleagues.com
- Facilities Rental: Campus facilities are not currently available for use/rental by external organizations.
- Campus Care: To inquire about childcare for the Spring Semester, please call (315) 786-6583.
- Health & Wellness Center: The Health & Wellness Center on campus is operated by the North Country Family Health Center and is open its regular hours. Please call (315) 786-1042 for appointments.
Please continue to monitor your College email and www.sunyjefferson.edu for further updates.
Jefferson's reopening plan has been approved by SUNY and is available for your information. It is subject to change at any time. We will evaluate the College's reopening process weekly and make changes as necessary, as we continue to monitor guidance from the NYS Department of Health, the Jefferson County Control Room and Public Health Office, the Centers for Disease Control and SUNY. The coronavirus pandemic is an evolving issue, and the College will keep our constituents up-to-date as we put appropriate protocols in place to minimize potential risks to students, faculty and staff.
- SUNY COVID-Tracker
- SUNY Health Alert
- New York State Governor's Office
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- New York State Department of Health
- Jefferson County Department of Health
Samaritan Medical Center Resource Line: (315) 755-3100, 7 days per week, 8:00 a.m.
- 9:00 p.m.
New York State Coronavirus Health Hotline: 1-888-364-3065