Campus & Community
As our mission states, “Through excellence in teaching, innovative services, and community partnerships, the College advances the quality of life of our students and community.” We strive to live our mission each and every day. Jefferson is a primary partner in many local educational partnerships and programs. We are proud to serve in this role and will continue to strengthen our community through partnerships and collaboration.
Our campus is your campus
- Community events held on campus routinely include concerts, regionally and nationally known guest speakers, performing arts, debates and student art exhibits.
- Trainings and workshops, offered by the Workforce Development and Business Division (WDBD), provide non-credit learning opportunities throughout the year in areas of professional growth, personal enrichment, pre-certification programs and youth workshops. Workshops are delivered on campus, online, and in the community. We also work with local employers to develop custom workforce training programs.
- Jefferson’s Higher Education Center provides the opportunity for many bachelor’s and master’s degree programs to be earned on Jefferson’s campus through partnerships with four-year colleges and universities.
- The NYS Small Business Development Center provides business advising services, assistance with business plan development, and workshops for small business owners and budding entrepreneurs.
- CannonLink provides a means for local employers to post jobs online and recruit Jefferson students and alumni for current employment openings.
- The Center for Community Studies conducts community-based research and provides a forum for the productive discussion of ideas and issues of significance to the community through its annual speaker series.
- The Jefferson Community College Library has many resources for community members.
- Additionally, Jefferson’s facilities are available for use by local organizations and businesses. If you would like to hold a meeting or event at Jefferson, please review our facilities use information and contact our facilities department at 315-786-2405.
Coming to campus soon?
We are excited to welcome you and introduce you to what we offer. Here are some helpful links.