After You're Accepted
Welcome to Jefferson Community College and congratulations on your acceptance!
The following information will be helpful in preparing for a successful start.
Your acceptance letter indicates which academic program that you have been admitted to and also other important information including your Jefferson ID# (J#) and whether you need to schedule a College Placement Test. Read it again and be sure that you have been admitted to the right program and for the right semester!
Your next steps
- Apply for financial aid even if you think you may not qualify.
- If you plan on living on campus - this is another application and a deposit is required. Our residence hall fills up each semester, so don't delay if you are interested.
- Complete College Placement Testing, if your acceptance letter asked you to do so. Placement Testing is required if you have not completed college coursework in English or math at another college or have not been waived based on high school preparation. You cannot build your class schedule until you have completed placement testing.
- Registration information and dates are determined by the semester you plan to begin classes. New Student Advising will send you registration information after you have been accepted, and completed placement testing (if required).
- You will receive a tuition bill after you register for classes that must be paid by the deadline date or you will be dropped from your classes and you will need to re-register.
- Register for Cannoneer Kickoff, your new student orientation and welcome is required as it provides an opportunity to be better prepared for a successful start.
- Get your SUNY ID Card in Campus Safety & Security, located in the Deans Collaborative Learning Center, Building 15, first floor.
- Check out your login information and directions for connecting to our wireless network so you can check College communications through myJCC and email.
- If you think you may require accommodations, learn more about the eligibility guidelines.
- Immunization requirements must be complete. Please call the Health & Wellness Center if you have questions or concerns at (315) 786-2376.
Any questions, we are here to help
Jules Center, building 6, suite 6-010
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.