How to Apply
Apply to Jefferson at any time. There’s no application fee and the process is simple:
1. Review Jefferson’s admission requirements.
Special Note: We anticipate, prior to the start of Fall Semester, 2021, that New York State will require all SUNY students attending in-person classes to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in addition to the other required vaccinations). We will update this space as we obtain more information. Read the Governor's full press release here. (Updated May 12, 2021)
2. Complete our free online application. You will need to create an account to get started. You can start and stop anytime, so if you have questions, contact us at 315-786-2437 or email@example.com. Note: Active duty military applicants should contact our Fort Drum office at 315-786- 2425.
3. Ask your high school and any colleges where you’ve completed credits to send official transcripts here:
Jefferson Community College
Jules Center, Building 6, Suite 6-010
1220 Coffeen St.
Watertown, NY 13601
If you have a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion
(TASC) scores, also send them to the address above.
4. Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
5. Apply for housing if you’d like to live on campus.
Many students get their start at other schools. Learn how to make transfer credits count.
Jefferson students come from everywhere. We can help you navigate the international application and visa process.
Military & Veteran students
We honor and value your service. Learn about credit for military education and experience.
After you apply
You’ll receive a confirmation letter shortly after you apply. It will include your Jefferson ID number and outline next steps, like whether you must complete placement testing before you register for classes.
"Jefferson was an affordable and quality option close to home with great transfer opportunities. Now, I feel prepared."Logan, criminal justice alum
Black River, NY