Safety & Security
AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY
Contact: (315) 786-2222
Locations: Main Office in Deans Collaborative Learning Center, (building 15), 1st
East Hall Front Desk, 5pm - 5am on Monday- Friday and 24 hours per day on Saturday/Sunday.
The Campus Safety & Security is comprised of full and part-time officers who are highly
trained/licensed security professionals. Security officers are responsible for assisting
with first aid, personal safety, CPR, AED, fire & traffic safety, crime prevention,
emergency notification, lectures on various topics, and documenting incidents that
occur on campus.
JCC security officers and college officials have the authority to ask persons for identification and to determine whether individuals have lawful business on campus. Additionally, we have the authority to issue parking tickets, which are payable to Jefferson Community College Financial Services. Criminal incidents are referred to the police agencies that have jurisdiction on campus:
New York State Police: (315) 782-2112
Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept.: (315) 786-2700 or 9-1-1
Watertown Police Dept.: (315) 786-2601 or 9-1-1
- From off-campus lines or cell phones: call (315) 786-2222
- From on-campus office/classroom phones, call Ext. 2222
- From black phones on campus, dial 2222
- By reporting directly to our offices: Deans Collaborative Learning Center, 15-140, or East Hall reception desk
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We care, we even have a CARES team (Concern, Attention, Respect for Every Student)
Everyone struggles sometimes with school, work, family, finances, and more. As a College we are committed to helping those who need it - it's what we do help you succeed. One tool we have is our CARES team - a group of dedicated faculty and staff that can a help any student in their time of need. Whether we make a referral to an on or off campus resource, we will follow-up and make sure you have been helped
Our goal is to:
- Provide outreach, support and initiate appropriate interventions to students in distress;
- Develop strategies to assist struggling students utilize campus, community and family resources;
- Improve student success
If you are ever in need or feel one of your fellow students needs assistance, please contact a faculty or staff member for assistance or complete the Reporting an Incident form, listed in the menu on this page.
All JCC students, faculty, and staff can go to Campus Safety and Security in the Deans Collaborative Learning Center (15-140B) to get their SUNYCard (new or replacement), which acts as a JCC photo identification card and provides access to the library, computer lab, fitness center, East Hall, and students’ financial aid and student loan accounts. All cards will be issued Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and by appointment only after hours. The card can also be used for meal plans and Cannon Cash, a convenient debit account accepted at locations across JCC. Please call (315) 786-2222 with any questions or to get entrance access during non-business hours.
Your initial SUNYCard is included in your tuition; replacements are available for a fee.
- Lost and Found: Items are turned in frequently throughout the day so be sure to check with the duty officer several times. Lost items are kept for 30-90 days depending on value.
- Safe Walks: Security officers will escort you to/from your vehicle or class upon request.
- Jump Starts: You can sign the jump box out or, if unfamiliar with using it, an officer will meet you at your car with the jump box to assist.
- Campus Information: Security officers are knowledgeable about the campus and activities and are able to relay information in a courteous and professional manner.
- Transportation Assistance: If you find yourself in a difficult financial situation and do not have transportation, Campus Safety and Security can make arrangements to and from the campus through local transportation options.
The mission of Jefferson's Office of Campus Safety and Security is to provide a safe and secure environment for the entire College community. We offer a wide variety of services to assist students, staff and faculty members. We look forward to helping you have a positive college experience.
This video demonstrates the philosophy from Homeland Security of RUN/HIDE/FIGHT in the event of an active shooter on campus. It was created by the Chief of University Police of SUNY NEW PALTZ who has given us permission to use on our website and in trainings. The office of Safety and Security will be preparing trainings with faculty, staff and students on this philosophy with the understanding that this does not change our College policy or procedures for the STAY IN PLACE component in our Emergency Response Plan. Any questions or concerns please feel free to call Campus Safety and Security at 315-786-2222 or email the Director at email@example.com
The above is being used with permission from Ohio State University