Jobs & Careers
The right career for you, starts with a plan
We are here to help you throughout your college career. Whether deciding your first program of study or setting your future career goals, your first steps start with career counseling.
Start by using our Career Coach tool
Plan ahead and learn what careers match with your academic program choices. by using Career Coach, an online tool.
The career counseling office provides personalized, one-on-one sessions and group workshops. Our sessions allow you to review your personal, educational, and career-related thoughts in a confidential and supportive environment. A career counselor will help you consider your career interests and identify options that match your current and future career goals. Different career and personality inventories and other resources are available to help this process. Career counseling is supported through the practices of the American Counseling Association (ACA) (opens in a new window.)
Sharing Knowledge, Shaping Futures
We offer job shadowing or informational interviewing through our Sharing Knowledge, Shaping Futures program. Taking part in this program can help you confirm a career direction or identify a new one.
Tools to help your career path
Career and personality inventories may be offered to better understand your interests and personality to assist the career counselors help investigate career paths.
- SIGI 3 (Login to the myJCC Portal and click on the Blackboard icon, SIGI is located at the bottom of the Tools box on the left side of the screen.)
- The Strong Interest Inventory
- The Holland Self-Directed Search
- Personality Preference Exercise
- My Next Move (opens in a new window)
Various career and employment related materials are available in the Center’s Resource room (Deans Collaborative Learning Center, building 15, room15-104). Below are some helpful quick reference booklets available in the Center (email us if you'd like a copy.)
- Career Planning and Job Placement Services Booklet (PDF, opens in new window)
- Hard and Soft Skills Booklet (PDF, opens in new window)
- Interviewing Techniques Booklet (PDF, opens in new window)
- Cover Letter Writing Booklet (PDF, opens in new window)
- Resume Writing Booklet (PDF, opens in new window)
- Career Inventory Booklet (PDF, opens in new window)
Career exploration websites
Contact career services
Student Success Services
Deans Collaborative Learning Center, building 15, first floor
Fax: (315) 786-6574
Director of Career Planning and Job Placement
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Summer: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)