Creating a Scholarship
Each year, the Jefferson Foundation awards more than 270 scholarships providing more than $300,000 in financial assistance to our students. If you would like to help a student achieve their educational goals by setting up a scholarship, we would love to meet with you.
Foundation scholarships are awarded through the College’s Financial Services Office according to the criteria of the award, which are established in agreement with the scholarship sponsor. Our scholarship program includes awards through both endowed and annual gifts.
Endowed scholarships typically recognize or memorialize individuals or represent businesses or organizations. An endowed scholarship is created with funds which are treated as principal. The principal is invested and remains untouched, but can grow with additional contributions to the specific endowment. The scholarship is funded with the interest earned on the principal.
- A minimum $10,000 gift endows a scholarship.
- An endowment fund may be created and built over a period of up to five years to reach the $10,000 level.
- Scholarships provided from endowed funds range from a minimum of $500 to the cost of full tuition.
With an annual scholarship, a yearly gift of money from a specific sponsor is awarded outright as a scholarship.
- A minimum gift of $250 is required to establish a new annual scholarship.
- Alternatively, the Foundation also accepts smaller gifts of money for the College’s general scholarship fund.
When you are ready, please contact the Foundation and we will set up a meeting to begin the scholarship process. Thank you!
Jefferson Community College Foundation
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Ben Foster, Foundation Executive Director
Edie Roggie, Alumni Development Officer