Student Experience Statement
Jefferson Community College aims to provide a quality education exemplified by an empowering and transformative student experience. That student experience is characterized by:
- An academically challenging education that fosters intellectual curiosity, leadership skills, and lifelong learning;
- Innovative teaching practices and an enriching curriculum emphasizing a balance between transfer- and career-focused education;
- Flexible and accessible programs and services that promote equitable outcomes for all students; and
- A sense of belonging created through inspiring and encouraging relationships with faculty, staff, and other students.
Jefferson Community College faculty, staff, and administration support this experience with:
- A student-ready institution with clear pathways to meet students’ diverse goals, whether they be short-term credentials, a degree, or transfer opportunities;
- Welcoming and personalized campus services that are easy to navigate and empower students, particularly in enrollment, financial aid, and academic advising;
- A comprehensive orientation and first-year experience that provide all students with financial and information literacy and the ability to effectively use technology; and
- A commitment to equity including an inclusive community that challenges students to grow beyond their comfort zones within a safe environment.