Smoke/Vape Policy: Tobacco Free Campus
Jefferson Community College is committed to providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment for the students, faculty, staff, and visitors on its campus.
- Beginning August 1, 2020, Jefferson Community College will be a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
- This policy will apply to all faculty, staff, students, and visitors on our campus.
- For the specific purpose of this policy, the term “smoking” includes any form of tobacco or non-tobacco substance that is inhaled and/or exhaled.
- The term “usage” includes any form of tobacco substance.
Statement of Policy
- Tobacco usage and/or non-tobacco smoking of any kind is prohibited within the boundaries of College property including all buildings, facilities, indoor and outdoor spaces, and grounds owned, rented, operated, and/or licensed by the College, parking lots, walkways, sidewalks, or college vehicles on College property.
- Patrons are permitted to smoke or use tobacco solely inside of their personal vehicles while the vehicle is on the college premises. Tobacco usage and/or non-tobacco smoking must be completed before exiting their personal vehicle.
- Any waste materials from said usage must be discarded in the proper manner.
Revised: 06/04/2020 #130-20