Community & Workforce Education
Jefferson is the local community's only higher education provider with campus centrally
located in the North Country. We are primary partner in many local educational partnerships
and programs. We are proud to serve in this role and will continue to strengthen
our community through partnerships and collaboration.
We offer educational opportunities and partner with our local community in so many
- Trainings and workshops, offered by the Workforce Development and Business Division (WDBD), provides non-credit
learning opportunities throughout the year in areas of professional growth, personal
enrichment, pre-certification programs and youth workshops. Workshops are delivered
on campus, online, and in the community. We also work with local employers to develop
custom workforce training programs.
- Jefferson’s Higher Education Center, provides the opportunity for many bachelor’s and master’s degree programs to be
earned on Jefferson’s campus through partnerships with four-year colleges and universities.
- The NYS Small Business Development Center provides business advising services, assistance with business plan development, and
workshops for small business owners and budding entrepreneurs.
- CannonLink, provides a means for local employers to post jobs online and recruit Jefferson students
and alumni for current employment openings.
- The Center for Community Studies conducts community-based research and provides a forum for the productive discussion
of ideas and issues of significance to the community through its annual speaker series.
- Additionally, Jefferson’s facilities are available for use by local organizations
and businesses. If you would like to hold a meeting or event at Jefferson, please
review our facilities use information and contact our facilities department at (315) 786-2405.