Details and Safety Protocols for Graduates and Families
- All cars must enter from Rand Drive. Note: only one car per graduate! Graduates and their guests must be in the same vehicle.
- Staff will greet each car and graduates will receive a Cannoneer face covering to wear, a printed Commencement program and an index card to hand to the reader once the graduate gets to the main stage tent area.
- Cars will move along a designated path through Lots C and D. Jefferson staff and faculty will be located along the drive to cheer you on and give you items to help celebrate such as noisemakers, candy and bottled water.
- Students must adhere to CDC Guidelines and Ceremony attire:
- Wear masks (each grad will be given a Jefferson mask upon arrival)
- Cap and Gown
- Staff must adhere to CDC Guidelines and wear face coverings at all times
- At a specified location, the graduate, in cap and gown, will emerge from the vehicle and stand in a designated spot marked on the sidewalk. All other individuals will remain in vehicles for the entire process while on college premises.
- There will be 4-6 marked spots for graduates to process to the ceremony point. The graduate’s vehicle will proceed along with the student. Ushers will direct traffic and assist graduates with the procession.
- As one graduate re-enters their vehicle to leave, another will emerge from their vehicle and students in line will move up one spot.
- At the ceremony point, each graduate will walk down the cranberry carpet and across the stage. When their name and degree is announced, they will receive diploma cover, move tassel, and pose for a photograph with College President Ty Stone.
- The graduate will stand briefly as family members in vehicle have a moment to take pictures and celebrate.
- The graduate will then walk a short distance, with vehicle following along to a photo backdrop where an individual photo will be taken. Graduates can remove face coverings for this individual photo. Family members will also be able to take photos from their vehicle.
- The graduate will then proceed to the Student Activities/Alumni tent and receive a gift bag before reentering their vehicle and exiting campus via Campus Drive to the traffic light across from Nelson's Dry Cleaners.
- NOTE: Actual diplomas will be mailed at a later date.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 315-786-2404.