Do you have experience that has allowed you to master a subject? You can demonstrate your knowledge and earn college credit by taking one of the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams by College Board. Because we are an official test site for CLEP, you can take the exams right here on campus!
- Please complete and return the Registration Form (PDF opens in a new window) at least one week before the test date. Please note: If you are registering for an exam that has
an optional essay, please complete and return the Registration Form at least two weeks
before the test date.
You can email the registration form to email@example.com, fax it to (315) 786-2349 or drop it off in person at Enrollment Services, Jules Center, Building 6, Suite 6-010.
- Pay the non-refundable administrative fee of $20.00 US currency per test before taking the test. You can pay this fee by phone with a credit card at (315) 786-2437 or in person to Enrollment Services, Jules Center, Building 6, Suite 6-010.
- Go to: http://clep.collegeboard.org/ (opens in a new window) and follow the screens to create a login account and password.
- Register for the desired CLEP exam.
- Pay the $87.00 registration fee.
- NOTE: You must register and pay before taking the test at Jefferson.
You can register for a CLEP exam 24/7, as well as manage your personal information any time before taking the exam. You can also search for test centers to see if there is a center closer to you and pick what college or university you would like your scores to go to. You can also purchase study materials.
When you register and pay the registration fee, you receive a payment receipt and a Ticket ID. NOTE: you still must make an appointment for the date and time at an authorized test center so you can take the test.
- Contact the Testing Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 755-0300 to verify the specific date you would like to take the CLEP exam.
- Prepare for the test. This website good practice questions so you can prepare for the CLEP exam: http://www.cleppracticeprep.com/ (opens in a new window)
If you have a disability, such as a learning or physical disability, that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request accommodations. Contact Jefferson Community College test center well in advance of the test date to make the necessary arrangements and to find out its deadline for submission of documentation and approval of accommodations. Accommodations that can be arranged directly with test centers include but not limited to:
ZoomText (screen magnification)
Modifiable screen colors
Use of a reader
Untimed rest breaks
CLEP EXAM DATES
CLEP and DSST Testing are by appointment only. Please call The Testing Center at 315-755-0300 or email email@example.com; or Tanya Hoistion, Accommodative Accessibility & Testing Services Coordinator, at 315-786-2335 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Accommodative Accessibility & Testing Services Coordinator
Deans Collaborative Learning Center
Building 15, first floor
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Summer: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)