Jefferson is a test site for the DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST) exams. DSST is offered in 38 subjects and administered through computer-based and paper based exams. DSST exams are more career-oriented exams, compared with the CLEP, which are more academic subject-based.
- Download and complete the registration form at least one week prior to the test date
- Registration forms are accepted via fax at (315) 786-2349 or by mail to:
Jefferson Community College
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
- Administrative fee: US $20.00 per test date. The administrative fee must be paid in advance to Jefferson Community College. Acceptable payments are cash, check, or credit card. The administration fee is non-refundable. You will be given a receipt which you will need to bring with you on the day of the exam.
Day of the exam
- Registration fee: US $80.00 per exam. Acceptable payments are credit card only and fee will be paid on the day of the exam
- Report to the Deans Collaborative Learning Center, (building 15), first floor
- You will need two forms of I.D. (at least one with a photo and signature)
- You will need your receipt for the administrative fee
- When you pay the administration fee, you will be given a receipt proving that you have paid the fee. You must bring this slip with you to the test.
- If you pay over the phone, your receipt will be waiting for you at the test site.
- Report 30 minutes prior to test time.
- Testers are given unofficial results immediately following the exam.
One official transcript is included in the registration fee and is sent automatically to the institution you designate