- Look at open campus positions and their job descriptions. Read through the descriptions and make note of the positions that suit you the best.
- Next, complete the Student Employment Application. Ensure your application is as complete as possible. When you submit your completed
application, it will be sent to the Supervisors in the departments that you are interested
in. If the Supervisor is interested in hiring you, they will contact you for an interview.
- After you have applied and interviewed for a position with a Supervisor, please follow the Student Employment Readiness Checklist below. This will ensure that the hiring process will move smoothly and you will be able to start working sooner.
Work on Campus
How do I apply to work on-campus?
Jefferson Community College’s On-Campus Student Employment Program includes Federal Work Study and JCC Student Aid. The difference between the two programs is the source from which the funding is available. The Federal Work Study Program funds are provided by the Federal Government, and Student Aid funds are provided by the JCC College budget. Guidelines differ between the two programs.
Eligibility Requirements for the Federal Work Study Program – Students Must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose with the intention
of becoming a permanent resident.
- Be Matriculated and currently enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Display financial need as determined by the Financial Services Office.
- Apply for Federal aid by completing the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA).
Eligibility Requirements for the Student Aid Program – Students Must:
- Be U.S. citizen or possess authorization to work in the U.S. (for example: international
students in valid F-1 status are allowed to work on campus part-time while enrolled).
- Be Matriculated and currently enrolled.
Most on-campus jobs average between 10 to 15 hours per week. When you interview, ask the Department Supervisor about an anticipated work schedule. You will be paid every two weeks either via direct deposit or a paycheck provided through JCC’s Payroll Department, for the number of hours you worked.