- Create a CANNONLink account (Please visit Job Placement for information about CANNONLink). You will use your Jefferson email and J# to create your account.
- Next, log into CANNONLINK.
- When on the home page, you will select the “Jobs” drop down menu and then click on “Search”.
- Under the “Keywords” field, there is a drop down menu for “Position Type”. Use this menu to select both “On-Campus Student Aid” & “On-Campus Work-Study”, and select “Apply” which will display all available jobs that are on-campus.
- Select the position of interest and click on the “Apply” button in the top right corner, to submit an application.
Work on Campus
How do I apply to work on-campus?
Jefferson Community College’s On-Campus Student Employment Program includes Federal Work Study and JCC Student Aid. The difference between the two programs is the source from which the funding is available. The Federal Work Study Program funds are provided by the Federal Government, and Student Aid funds are provided by the JCC College budget. Guidelines differ between the two programs.
Eligibility Requirements for the Federal Work Study Program – Students Must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose with the intention
of becoming a permanent resident.
- Be Matriculated and currently enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Display financial need as determined by the Financial Services Office.
- Apply for Federal aid by completing the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA).
Eligibility Requirements for the Student Aid Program – Students Must:
- Be U.S. citizen or possess authorization to work in the U.S. (for example: international
students in valid F-1 status are allowed to work on campus part-time while enrolled).
- Be Matriculated and currently enrolled.
Most on-campus jobs average between 10 to 15 hours per week. When you interview, ask the Department Supervisor about an anticipated work schedule. You will be paid every two weeks either via direct deposit or a paycheck provided through JCC’s Payroll Department, for the number of hours you worked.