As part of your career planning process, you will want to explore your individual interests, personality, your JCC degree and how they relate to jobs available. A part of career counseling helps you explore these as you look at continuing your studies and/or finding employment. This may include resume and cover letter development and critiques, as well as interviewing techniques. Job placement activities are supported through the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) (opens in new window.)
CANNONLink for Students/Alumni
*Employers: please visit our CANNONLink page for information on how to recruit Students and Alumni.
CANNONLink (opens in a new window) provides Jefferson Community College students and alumni access to various online career services. The site includes job postings, a resume referral service and the opportunity to network with employers.
The best place to look for employment opportunities is CANNONLink. (opens in a new window.) You can review job postings and submit resumes for those jobs that might interest you.
- Go to: https://jeffersoncc-csm.symplicity.com/
- Click on Students/Alumni
- Type your Student ID (first, and last name) and Password. NOTE: if this is your first posting, you will be asked to register
- You are now on your HOME PAGE
- Click “Jobs” on the top menu bar
- Type any criteria to narrow down your search
- Click SEARCH
On-Campus Student Employment
Jefferson students can work on-campus and earn a paycheck while taking classes. If you would like to learn more about Student Employment or apply for a position, please visit our Student Employment page.
- Career Planning and Job Placement Services Booklet
- Resume Writing Booklet
- Hard and Soft Skills Booklet
- Interviewing Techniques Booklet
- Cover Letter Writing Booklet
- Career Inventory
- Resume Critiques
- Mock Interviewing
- Labor Market Research
- Employment Resources
- Campus and Career Workshops
- Campus and Community Career and Employment Fairs
For an updated employer and military recruitment schedule please call the Career Planning and Job Placement Services at 315-786-2288 or visit the Campus Events Calendar.
Contact career services
Deans Collaborative Learning Center, building 15, first floor
Fax: (315) 786-6574
Director of Career Planning and Job Placement
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Summer: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)