Title IX Coordinator
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation
in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education
program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance..."
20 U.S.C. § 1681
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits discrimination based on gender in educational programs which receive federal financial assistance. Programs and activities which may be included are: admissions, recruitment, financial aid, academic programs, athletics, housing and employment. Title IX also protects male and female students from unlawful sexual harassment in college programs and activities.
For information, counseling, or to file a complaint of discrimination or harassment on the basis of sex, which includes sexual violence, sexual assault, and sexual harassment, contact our Title IX Coordinator:
Deans Collaborative Learning Center, Office 15-110
Responsibilities of a Title IX Coordinator:
A Title IX Coordinator is responsible for oversight of campus education related to Title IX, grievance procedures, and ensuring the College remains in compliance with all requirements of Title IX and related laws.
Notification and Education:
- Dissemination of educational materials
- Coordinating training for students and employees about their rights under Title IX
- Receive and process inquiries and complaints of alleged discriminatory behaviors that are in violation of Title IX.
- The Process for student grievances is detailed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Employee grievances are addressed through appropriate collective bargaining and employment-related policies and procedures.
- Review Title IX cases that were received in other offices. The Title IX Coordinator
partners with the following offices to safeguard students rights and responsibilities:
- Health Office
- Human Resources
- Residence Life
Examine and review of all Jefferson Community College internal practices related to all aspects of Title IX; remain abreast of current state and federal laws as it relates to Title IX; implement best practices utilized by other institutions.
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees:
Kerry Young at (315) 786-2279 / email@example.com