Student Insurance Coverage
Jefferson sponsored health insurances
- U.S. Student Travel Insurance quote & on-line application
- The “SUNY International Health Plan” will be billed to International Students - email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this insurance plan.
Residential Student Health Insurance Requirements
Students must have and keep health insurance as a condition of living in the residence hall. Health insurance information must be provided when students apply to live in the residence hall.
Health Insurance Options for U.S. Students
- During “open enrollment”, anyone can apply for health insurance. In New York, open enrollment usually starts on November first, and usually ends at the end of the following January.
- Low income students can generally sign up anytime.
- If you lose job based health insurance benefits; or move to the college from outside the local area; or have a “qualifying life event”, you have a time limited ‘Special Enrollment Period’ to apply for a new health insurance plan.
- Appointments for insurance information and enrollment may be made with insurance navigators from the following agencies:
Health and Wellness Center, building 17
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(315) 786-2382 (fax)