Student Insurance Coverage
International Student Health Insurance Requirements
- The “SUNY International Health Plan” will be billed to International Students.
Please email FinancialServices@sunyjefferson.edu for more information about this insurance plan.
Residential Student Health Insurance Requirements
Students must have and keep health insurance as a condition of living in the residence hall. Health insurance information must be provided when students apply to live in the residence hall.
Health Insurance Options for U.S. Students
- During “open enrollment”, anyone can apply for health insurance. In New York, open enrollment usually starts on November first, and usually ends at the end of the following January.
- Low income students can generally sign up anytime.
- If you lose job-based health insurance benefits; or move to the college from outside the local area; or have a “qualifying life event”, you have a time limited ‘Special Enrollment Period’ to apply for a new health insurance plan.
- Appointments for insurance information and enrollment may be made with insurance enrollment facilitators at the Health & Wellness Center on campus by calling (315) 786-1042 or with insurance navigators from the following agencies:
Call 800.279.8679 or (315) 788-8533 to make a health insurance navigator appointment.
Health and Wellness Center
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(315) 786-7162 (fax)
The Health & Wellness Center is operated by the North Country Family Health Center.