Planning to transfer to another college, we can help
We can help you with the process of researching, planning, choosing and applying to other colleges and universities.
Transfer planning can be challenging. The longer you wait to decide if you wish to transfer and to where, the more challenging it may be. Early planning can help prevent some of these challenges.
Transfer easily to SUNY colleges
The State University of New York (SUNY) system believes in seamless transfer, so it has developed a very helpful site for transferring to other SUNY schools. Because Jefferson is a SUNY school, this can make transferring a whole lot easier. Visit the SUNY website about transferring to other SUNY schools.
Transfer planning steps
- Research colleges
- Apply for financial aid, grants & scholarships at your future college choices
- Meet with college representatives
- Visit colleges (contact the destination college’s transfer admissions office to arrange a visit or determine when open houses are scheduled)
- Apply to colleges
- Send them your Jefferson transcripts
- Make housing, roommate, dining and transportation arrangements
Resources to help you plan
- Individualized transfer counseling - meet with our staff
- Jefferson Higher Education Center (JHEC) Transfer Partners offering bachelor's and master's degrees on the Jefferson's campus
- Transfer Agreements (Lists colleges and majors)
- SUNY Gen-Ed Requirements (Find out which JCC classes will satisfy the SUNY General Education requirements at each SUNY college and university.)
- Course Equivalency Tables (These are tables provided by 4-year colleges and universities that identify which JCC courses satisfy their specific course requirements.)
- Transfer portfolio (Sample portfolio designed to enhance your transferability)
Find the right college for transfer
Resources for researching and selecting colleges
- Online Search Resource for SUNY Colleges and Academic Majors
- Online Search Resource for NYS Private Colleges and Academic Majors
- New York State College Catalog Library
- College transfer recruiter visits to the JCC campus
- JCC campus transfer fair and higher education night
- College Open House (off-campus) schedules and visits
- College applications, essays and interview assistance
Deans Collaborative Learning Center
Building 15, first floor
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Summer: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)