You’ve been accepted, you have completed your financial aid and applied for scholarships, maybe even decided to live on campus, but now it’s time to get all the info about actually coming to Jefferson and college in general. You are ready for orientation!
Get to know us
Orientation is specifically designed for you – a new student. We want to make sure you succeed and our orientation session provides all the info you need to start classes and know how to navigate college processes.
- To be successful in and out of the classroom, learn work/life balance and the importance of just coming to class
- Learn about academic support services and personal health services available to you
- Connect with new and returning students and pick their brains
- Meet key staff and faculty members that can help you
- Tour campus and feel like you already know where everything is before your first day
2019 Orientation dates
Please call (315) 786-6597 or email NewStudentServices@sunyjefferson.edu to register for an upcoming orientation.
If you are a new student you need to attend an orientation session.
What you can expect during your orientation
- A warm welcome
- Academic and classroom expectations
- A variety of workshops, including financial aid help
- Parent sessions
- Opportunities to take a campus tour
- Get your student ID card
- Jefferson gear
- Get all of your questions answered
Contact New Student Services
McVean Student Center (building 4)