Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Army Degree
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Army Degree Program
In 1985, Jefferson Community College became a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Army Degree program (SOCAD). SOCAD is a worldwide system composed of an ever-growing number of colleges united together to form a network designed to facilitate the education of servicemembers.
As a SOCAD College serving the educational needs of servicemembers at Fort Drum, Jefferson Community College commits itself to criteria and requirements defined in the College’s formal SOCAD Agreement.
The SOCAD program
- provides networks of similar degree programs on worldwide Army installations
- helps a soldier establish a “home college” at one installation
- reduces loss of credit through guarantee of transfer rules
- reduces residence course requirements to no more than 25% of the credits needed for the degree
- provides the issuance of a SOCAD Student Agreement that acts as a “contract for a degree”
- Jefferson Community College SOCAD Degree Network Programs
Soldiers who need SOCAD Student Agreements created and posted to the ArmyIgnitEd portal will be identified through ArmyIgnitEd/college processes. NOTE: Soldiers MUST complete admissions requirements to receive a SOCAD Student Agreement.
As many SOCAD Colleges do, Jefferson extends the benefits of SOCAD to military spouses. A spouse will simply need to complete SOCAD Request Form after completing admissions requirements.
Director of community services
Fort Drum Army Education Center
4300 Camp Hale Road
Fort Drum, NY 13602