Soldiers of Active Duty, Army Reserve, and National Guard can obtain federal tuition assistance monies to help fund their college educations through an active ArmyIgnitEd account. ArmyIgnitED is the online portal whereby a soldier requests their tuition assistance benefit
The Army tuition assistance program will provide up to 16 credits per Army fiscal year to assist a soldier in pursuing a certificate, an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. Soldiers must maintain satisfactory military performance on the job and a 2.00 or better grade point average in tuition assistance funded courses.
How to enroll in ArmyIgnitEd
Click on the “New User” link on the www.armyignited.com website to create an account.
After your application is submitted to Jefferson Community College, we will notify ArmyIgnitED of your application.
How to apply to Jefferson Community College
- Contact our office at the Fort Drum Education Center 315-786-6566 for application and registration assistance
- Complete the online application https://apply.sunyjefferson.edu/apply/
- Have your high school or GED transcriptsent to the admissions office
- Have official transcripts sent to the admissions office from EVERY college previously attended
- Have official military transcriptssent to the admissions office go to https://jst.doded.mil/jst/ request an official transcript be sent to Jefferson Community College
- Complete skill assessment in reading skills, sentence skills, and mathematics if deemed necessary by the admissions office or a Jefferson advisor based upon review of previously completed college level reading, English, and math courses
Send or bring all transcripts to:
Jefferson Community College
1220 Coffeen St.
Watertown, NY 13601
Jules Center, building 6, suite 6-010
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Additional financial aid
Many soldiers receiving Army tuition assistance funding may also be eligible to receive non-duplicating funding from the Federal Pell Grant program to cover textbooks and other colleges costs. Applications for Pell Grant funding must be submitted through the www.FAFSA.ed.gov website on an annual basis using federal income tax information.
Visit us on Fort Drum for assistance
Jefferson Director of Community Services
Fort Drum Army Education Center
4300 Camp Hale Rd
Fort Drum, NY 13602