Returning Students
SUNY Jefferson
Schedule an Admissions Appointment

Returning Students

Did you leave Jefferson without completing your certificate or associate’s degree? Did life get in the way? We are excited to welcome you back!

We are here to help you complete your degree. We work individually with you to start again on a pathway to success and completion.

Returning to college may be the best decision you will ever make, whether you achieve your goal through re-enrollment or through the reverse transfer of credits you have earned at another school.

If you are a former student who has been away from Jefferson Community College for over five years, we no longer have your high school or college transcripts. You must apply for admission and have your transcripts sent. Applying will allow us to update your personal information.

Academically Dismissed Students

If you were academically dismissed from the College you will need to re-apply and complete a one-time academic warning workshop.

Jefferson recognizes that some students may begin college, attend a semester or two, and receive poor grades. Often students stop attending and return many years later only to have grades from their academic history negatively impact their current academic status. If this describes you, consider applying for an Academic Fresh Start. If you are granted a Fresh Start, courses with a grade index of less than 2.0 will no longer be calculated in your cumulative GPA and the credit will no longer count toward graduation requirements.

If you have attended Jefferson in the past and are interested in returning or exploring reverse transfer options, please contact Enrollment Services at (315) 786-2437 or or fill out the form below.  


Interested in
Please check all that apply


Enrollment Services
(315) 786-2437
Jules Center, building 6, suite 6-010

Office Hours
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.