Did you leave Jefferson and transfer to a different college before completing your
certificate or associate degree? You may be able to earn your certificate or associate
degree from Jefferson without taking any more classes through a reverse transfer.
A reverse transfer is the process of transferring college credits from another institution back to SUNY Jefferson to complete your program requirements and earn your credential from SUNY Jefferson.
Jefferson awards credit for college-level courses completed at nationally or regionally accredited institutions for which a grade of "C" (2.0) or higher was earned.
Benefits of earning your associate degree
- Earning your associate degree is a marketable credential for your resume and is recognized by employers.
- An associate degree signifies reaching a great milestone in your education.
- There is no risk. College credits earned at another institution remain valid at the same institution and you may still pursue a degree there.
What you need
- Have completed 30+ credit hours at Jefferson (15+ credit hours if you have a military affiliation and are eligible to apply for a SOCDNS Agreement) – SOC Application on web
- Have a total of 60 or more college credits total from all colleges
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at Jefferson
No cost to you
- The only cost to you is if you need an official transcript from your other institution
Begin the process today
- Complete the Degree Completion form
- Request official transcripts from all colleges you attended (other than Jefferson) be sent to Enrollment Services.
Jefferson Community College
Room 6-010, Jules Center
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
We can also help you figure out what additional credits you might need in order to finish your degree, if you are still in the process of taking classes at your other institution.
If you have attended Jefferson in the past and are interested in returning to Jefferson or exploring reverse transfer options, please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in contact with you within 1 to 2 business days: