Credit for Military Service
Need College Credit for your Military Training & Experience?
Jefferson Community College Can Help!
Jefferson Community College’s Military Credit Inventory converts military training
into college-level credit, providing soldiers with a valid assessment of their college-level learning
outcomes gained through their military training and experience. Your college-level learning
outcomes will be assessed upon the college credit recommendations of the American Council on
Education (ACE). Soldiers have used the Military Credit Inventory transcript for advanced enlisted
promotions and for civilian employment opportunities.
The Military Credit Inventory is for soldiers who are NOT seeking admission into a
program where military training and experience is evaluated as part of the admissions process.
Military Credit Inventory Procedures
Come in to the JCC at the Ft Drum Education Center and complete an application
For questions please call 315-786-6566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring an unofficial copy of your Joint Service Transcript for review
If you have had previous college we will need an official transcript from that institution
If deployed or not here locally, please complete your application online. You will be contacted via email regarding payment information
- Visit https://jst.doded.mil/jst/
- Register for a JST account if one is not already set up
- Click on the “I Agree” tab
- Click on the green “Request Official Transcript Tab”
- In the upper box type in Jefferson Community College. It will bring up several. Look for the one that says 1220 Coffeen Street, Watertown, NY.
- Click on the little box at the bottom.
- Click on the green send tab.
Please allow three weeks for your application to be processed and completed. You will be contacted when your Military Credit Inventory is completed.
Active Duty Military
Betsi BentzDirector of Community Services