Soldiers of Active Duty, Army Reserve, and National Guard can obtain federal tuition assistance monies to help fund their college educations through an active GoArmyEd account. GoArmyEd is the online portal whereby a soldier can apply for admission to a college, enroll in classes with that college, and receive 100% tuition assistance funding for those classes.
The Army tuition assistance program will provide up to 16 credits per Army fiscal year to assist a soldier in pursuing a certificate, an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. Soldiers must maintain satisfactory military performance on the job and a 2.00 or better grade point average in tuition assistance funded courses.
How to enroll in GoArmy Ed
Click on the “New User” link on the www.GoArmyEd.com website to create an account.
A soldier who already has an active GoArmyEd account and wants to change to Jefferson Community College must seek approval of an Army Education Center counselor.
Soldiers seeking Army tuition assistance funding classes should ONLY initiate admission and enrollment processes through GoArmyEd and NOT through campus offices.
Soldiers applying for admission to Jefferson through the GoArmyEd portal must still meet admissions and other requirements to enroll in JCC classes conducted online, at Fort Drum, or on the main campus.
How to select Jefferson in GoArmyEd portal
- Identify Jefferson Community College as your “home college” in GoArmyEd
- Submit the GoArmyEd Common Application to apply for admission to Jefferson
- Have an official high school or GED transcript sent to the admissions office
- Have official transcripts sent to the admissions office from EVERY college previously attended
- Have official military transcripts sent to the admissions office
- Complete skill assessment in reading skills, sentence skills, and mathematics if deemed necessary by the admissions office or a Jefferson advisor based upon review of previously completed college level reading, English, and math courses
Send or bring all transcripts to:
Jefferson Community College
1220 Coffeen St.
Watertown, NY 13601
Jules Center, building 6, suite 6-010
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, open until 7:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Additional financial aid
Many soldiers receiving Army tuition assistance funding may also be eligible to receive non-duplicating funding from the Federal Pell Grant program to cover textbooks and other colleges costs. Applications for Pell Grant funding must be submitted through the www.FAFSA.ed.gov website on an annual basis using federal income tax information.
Visit us on Fort Drum for assistance
Director of community services
Fort Drum Army Education Annex
10450 5th Armored Division Drive
Fort Drum, NY 13602